Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

jbedard
2020-02-20T14:12:53Z
I just updated from 8.x to 9.1.5 and the task log (right click on the task > task log) isn't working the way it used to for tasks in a loop. Previously, each run of the task would have a log entry. Now, it seems to only show the last run, or the most recently completed run, if viewing the log while the loop is still running. It would be useful to see the results for each time the job runs.
In the job log, you can still see every run of each task, including each time a task runs in a loop. However, it's harder to find what I'm looking for this way if there are several tasks in a loop, but I only need to look at one of them to verify it ran correctly each time in the loop.
Sponsor
Forum information
thomas
2020-02-20T14:33:54Z
I don't know if it is related or relevant to your problem, but I had to roll back from 9.1.5 due to logging. We log to external tables, and in 9.1.5 it just froze the whole application. I couldn't even open the log from the menu without crashing the app.
Support
2020-02-21T14:14:46Z
Originally Posted by: jbedard 

I just updated from 8.x to 9.1.5 and the task log (right click on the task > task log) isn't working the way it used to for tasks in a loop. Previously, each run of the task would have a log entry. Now, it seems to only show the last run, or the most recently completed run, if viewing the log while the loop is still running. It would be useful to see the results for each time the job runs.
In the job log, you can still see every run of each task, including each time a task runs in a loop. However, it's harder to find what I'm looking for this way if there are several tasks in a loop, but I only need to look at one of them to verify it ran correctly each time in the loop.

Can i get some more details regarding this, and a screenshot preferably? By default we only show log of todays runs
Michael
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 

Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Support
2020-02-21T14:15:48Z
Originally Posted by: thomas 

I don't know if it is related or relevant to your problem, but I had to roll back from 9.1.5 due to logging. We log to external tables, and in 9.1.5 it just froze the whole application. I couldn't even open the log from the menu without crashing the app.

This sounds odd, we have a lot of customers using external logging and we haven't received any other reports of it on 9.1.5, would it be possible for you to test it in our 9.2.0 beta version in a test environment and let me know if you still get the same result?
Michael
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 

Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
thomas
2020-02-21T15:10:39Z
Hi

I did a bit of testing now. Same thing with 9.2.0. However I just saw that it can be fixed manually. Here are the steps:

1) We have external logging to Sql Server 2016 in VisualCron version 9.1.0

2)I upgrade to 9.2.0. I click on Log in the menu, and it freezes and crashes. The log file is full of errors like in the picture:

Capture.PNG

3) I go to log settings and change to internal logging. Then everything is fine

4) I change back to External logging, and it works again. So toggling from external to internal and back fixes the problem.

I have sent you the logfile by mail. I should mention that we use variables in the Connection strings. Maybe there is a 'refresh' issue there.
thomas
2020-02-21T15:18:56Z
Also, when I rolled back to 9.1.0, I have no issues. Logging to External tables work without a glitch
Scroll to Top