VisualCron 6.1.3 was released today. It contains the following changes:
[FEATURE] Client/Server: Added Remote File Trigger for FTP/SFTP
[FEATURE] Server: Optionally added way to not override HTTP maximum connections
[FEATURE] Client/Server: Added NTLM authentication for WebDAV
[BUGFIX] Server: Fixed some error handling in Remote Execute Task
[BUGFIX] API: Fixed a reference problem with Settings object. Affected Server->folder settings
[BUGFIX] Server: Fixed an issue in Trigger where they were not removed correctly after RunOnce option on Job
[BUGFIX] API: Fixed issue with displaying name in Modified/Created when AD user had no firstname/lastname specified from the beginning. If so, we show username instead.
[BUGFIX] API: Fixed a permission issue when activating many Tasks
[BUGFIX] Client: Fixed issue when trying to open output from Job log->Task
[BUGFIX] Client: Fixed issue 'disappearing namespace issue' in XML Read Node Task
[BUGFIX] Server: Fixed an issue when Jobs listing in VisualCron Trigger could not be refreshed
[BUGFIX] Server: Fixed various issues with SSIS Task including support for Trusted connections
[BUGFIX] Client: Fixes issues with performance and sorting when changing sort in Jobs->Tasks
[BUGFIX] Client: Fixes issue with parameters types in SSIS Task
[BUGFIX] Client: Fixed issue with switched DB logging parameters
[BUGFIX] Server: Add error handling for unhandled exceptions in SQL Task
[BUGFIX] Server: Handled an error when no Task was selected in Job/Task control Task
[BUGFIX] Client: Fixed Job Test button issue that could cause reference problems in Client (foreign key errors)
What is interesting in this release is the Remote file trigger. This Trigger allows you to monitor a remote FTP or SFTP folder for new, changed and deleted files. With the help of Variables you can, after the Trigger has fired, use the full path to the file or the name in order to process the files with your Tasks.
We continue our development and we are now working on Sharepoint Tasks along with the Popup Task.
The most common support request right now is concerning our new CRM system. In January we upgraded our system while we, at the same time, published a new order page. Here are some changes:
One of the problems we had was that we had no relation between licenses and a Company - what we had was Email to license relation. This was not enough as we wanted to add support for multiple users (within a company) to be connected to a company which in turn was connected to all licenses purchased. This would help in situations when many want to access license information and if one employee quits the company and still others are in control of licenses.
- The above resulted in a couple of new pages like My profile - where personal and company information is updated, My licenses - where you can see all licenses you have, when they expire, maintenance association and so on, My contacts - all persons connected to the same company and My orders - orders and invoices.
- As the forum is central for support we wanted to re-use those users so you use one account everywhere.
Still, some manual work was required to make this transition - work that could not be fully done from here:
Users need "create" their own company - this is done through My profile page.
- Users need to import their existing licenses. The main reason is that previous orders were done from emails that may not be associated with the company so we could not know which licenses belonged to which company. The import is done on the My licenses page.
- Once a company is created users need to "invite" other users that they want to share access with.
This transition has been smooth so far and we appreciate your patience and help in this.
1. I want to purchase/renew a license but I seem to have forgot my user name?
Most likely you do not have any user at all as we previously did not require logon when placing orders. The users are created in the in the forum first. Please perform these steps to complete registration:
- Register your personal account here. You need to validate your email so look in spam folder if you have not received validation email in 5 minutes.
- Update your and company setings at the My profile page.
- Import any existing licenses at My licenses page. You can find licenses two ways; 1. look for old emails from email@example.com containing subject "Payment confirmation", 2. Connect the VisualCron Client to the Server and go to Server tab->License->Copy activation code to clip board. If you cannot find your licenses then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help
- Invite any other users that you need to have access to licenses, orders etc. on the My contacts page
- Complete the order
- Please remember that if you are purchasing a maintenance renewal then you need to go to My licenses page and associate the maintenance with one existing license.
2. I am getting renewal reminders even though I have purchased a renewal, why?
What needs to be done after purchasing a renewal is to associate the renewal code with an existing license. This is a manual process that needs to be done by you as we cannot know exactly which original license/activation code you want to renew.